Stickyworld's service is free to visit, register and comment.
The service is set up by either Stickyworld Ltd, its partners, or its paying customers.
These are usually organisations who seek to involve the views and contributions of different groups of people in their various projects and programmes.
This document sets out the terms and conditions (“Terms”) on which Stickyworld Limited 07144143 of 6 Mitre Passage, London SE10 OER (“Stickyworld”) provides you (“you”, “your”) with the Services (defined below) and access to various web pages on www.stickyworld.com and subdomains thereof (the “Website”).
Please read these Terms carefully. By clicking on “I accept”, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, you shall not have access to the Services and Website. We suggest that you print and retain a copy of these Terms for your future reference.
Account Holder means an individual or company who has registered with Stickyworld to maintain, and have day-to-day control over designated Portals where they can create, manage and evidence involvement of stakeholders in various projects and programmes presented on the Website.
Content means content in all formats submitted by Public visitors, registered portal members(s) to Stickyworld using the Services and which includes without limitation, text, audio files, visual files, videos, photos, comments or feedback;
Contributor means an individual or company who has registered with Stickyworld through the process set out at clause 3 and has access to the Portal Services, including for avoidance of doubt Students;
Portal means the Stickyworld pages which is controlled by Stickyworld customers and contributed to by their stakeholders;
Guest means collectively “Contributor” and “Visitor”;
Portals means the web page(s) which contains Contributor created and controlled Content that is only available to selected other Contributor(s) (and where necessary Stickyworld);
Portal Services means the services provided to the Contributor(s) by Stickyworld or Stickyworld's customers in order to submit Content and Data to the Portals.
Room means the participatory websites and all other elements of the Website which are available to Visitors and registered members of the Room;
Services means collectively the Portal Services and the Room Services;
Visitor means an individual or company who is not registered with Stickyworld and who, for the avoidance of doubt, only have access to the Public Service.
- The Website is owned and managed by Stickyworld Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 07144143.
- By using the Services as a Public Visitor or Registered member you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- You are 13 years old or above.
- You may use the Services and the Website as a Visitor or a registered user. If you wish to access the Public Services only, you shall be deemed to be a Visitor and shall not be required to register with Stickyworld.
- If you wish to use the full Portal Services you shall be required to register with Stickyworld by completing the online registration form which is available on the Website. Stickyworld may conduct verification and security procedures in respect of the information you provide in your registration, and you hereby consent to Stickyworld undertaking such activities.
- Stickyworld shall send you a confirmation email to confirm your registration and username as a Contributor to the Website (“Confirmation Email”). You agree to keep such information, including your username and password, confidential and secure.
- Your contract with Stickyworld commences as follows:
- where you are a Visitor, upon your first use of the Rooms or Portal pages; or
- where you are a Registered member, on the date of your acceptance of the Confirmation Email.
- Your contract with Stickyworld shall terminate:
- where you are Visitor, when you cease to use the website;
- where you are a Registered member, when you notify Stickyworld by email of your intention to terminate your membership of the Website.
- Stickyworld may immediately suspend and/or terminate your use of and/or access to the Services where you are a Contributor by giving you notice:
- if Stickyworld’s network providers and third party suppliers have ceased to provide Stickyworld with their services;
- if Stickyworld believes that where you are a Contributor, you or someone using your username and password to access the Services and the Website breached any of the provision of these Terms;
- if Stickyworld has reason to believe that you fail to comply with the applicable laws and legislation;
- if Stickyworld has reason to believe that your username and password have been hacked into by a third party and used without authorisation; or
- in situations where Stickyworld has reason to believe that you have provided Stickyworld with false, inaccurate or misleading information when you registered to use the Services and the Website.
- You are solely responsible and liable for the use of the Services and the Website as a Guest whether such use is authorised by you or not. Consequently, you shall be solely responsible in ensuring that all use of the Services and the Website:
- comply with the Terms set out herein; and
- comply with all applicable laws and legislations.
- You shall not:
- at any time use the Services and/or the Website with the purpose of impersonating another Guest or person;
- do anything which shall or is likely to impair, interfere with, damage, or cause harm or distress to any persons using the Services and/or the Website or in respect of the network;
- do anything that shall or is likely to infringe any intellectual property right or other proprietary rights of any third parties;
- abuse or misuse the Services and the Website including but not limited to posting or sending Content which contains viruses, Trojans, worms, time bombs, cancel bots or other programmes that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- Where you are a Contributor and use the Office Service to post Content to be published on the Website, you shall ensure that all Content posted on to the Website:
- complies with all applicable laws and legislations;
- does not infringe any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of any third party;
- is not reasonably deemed to be offensive, illegal, inappropriate or in any way, for example by:
- promoting racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harassing or advocate harassment of another person;
- displaying pornographic or sexually explicit material;
- promoting any conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- promoting any illegal activities;
- providing instructional information about illegal activities, including violating someone else’s privacy or providing or creating computer viruses;
- promoting or containing information that you know or believe to be inaccurate, false or misleading;
- engaging in the promotion of contests, sweepstakes and pyramid schemes, without our prior written consent;
- exploiting people in a sexual or violent manner;
- invading or violate any third party’s right to privacy; and/or
- transmitting “junk mail”, or “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing, messaging or “spamming”.
- You shall comply with all instructions provided by Stickyworld from time to time in respect of your use of the Services and the Website.
- You shall be solely responsible and liable for any breaches of these Terms arising out of or resulting from the use of your username and password to access the Services and/or the Website, whether such use is authorised by you or not.
- Stickyworld does not monitor or moderate the Services, nor does it vet, review or edit any of the Content submitted by a Contributor for the purposes of publication on the Website to ascertain whether they may result in any liability to any third party. Consequently, Stickyworld shall not be liable for any of the Content uploaded on the Website.
- If you are a Contributor submitting Content for publication, it is your sole responsibility to ensure that you comply with the provisions under this clause 6.
- If you have reason to believe that any Content visible on the Website breaches your rights, you should contact the Account Holder of the relevant Public Space or Office in which the Content appears. You may do so using the “contact Account Holder” button available on each Office Space or Exhibition Space of the Website. In the event that you cannot see any such button you may contact us at email@example.com specifying the page on which the Content appears and explaining why you feel it breaches your rights.
- Stickyworld takes any breach of this clause 6 seriously and therefore, reserves the right to take any action that it deems necessary. This may include, without limitation, the removal or deletion of the Content submitted by you, and, if you are a Contributor, suspension or termination of your use of the Services and/or access to the Website. In certain circumstances, Stickyworld may choose to instigate legal proceedings if it has been brought to Stickyworld’s notice that there is or may have been illegal use of the Services or the Website. You shall promptly notify Stickyworld if you are aware of any or any suspected breaches of this clause 6 by other Guests, whether such users are Contributors or Visitors.
- Stickyworld and its licensors own all rights in the intellectual property rights relating to the Services and the Website. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Stickyworld hereby grants to you, as a Guest, a non-transferable, non-sublicensable, perpetual licence under which you may view, copy, download, print, link to, tweet, email, or otherwise communicate the Content of the Public Spaces of the Website solely for your non-commercial use.
- If you are a Contributor you hereby acknowledge and agree that the Content of the Office Spaces is confidential and that you shall keep it secure and shall not communicate (whether orally, in writing, electronically, or otherwise) such Content other than as expressly agreed with the Account Holder of the relevant Office Space.
- If you are a Contributor, Stickyworld hereby grants to you a non-transferable, non-sublicensable, perpetual licence under which you may view, copy, download, print, link to, tweet, email, or otherwise communicate the Content of the Office Spaces of the Website, save that this licence is restricted by any express agreement made between you and the Account Holder of the relevant Office Space. For avoidance of doubt, where this licence provision conflicts with the provisions set out above at 6.3, the obligations set out at 7.3 shall take precedence over this licence.
- All intellectual property rights relating to the Content submitted by you as a Contributor shall remain with you and/or your licensors.
- You hereby grant to Stickyworld a perpetual, transferable, sub-licensable licence under which Stickyworld may use Content created by you for its commercial purposes, such use includes but is not limited to:
- uploading and publishing your Content on the Website;
- making the Content available to other Contributors or if uploaded to the Public Spaces to Guests of the Services; and
- use of Content uploaded to the Public Spaces for the purposes of promoting and marketing the Services and Website.
- You hereby warrant that:
- you shall use the Services and the Website in compliance with all applicable law and legislation; and
- you shall comply with the provisions set out in these Terms.
- If you are a Contributor and using the Services have uploaded Content you hereby warrant that:
- you have the right to make the Content available on the Website for the purposes for which Content of such nature are generally made available under the Services;
- the Content does not infringe any third party intellectual property or any other third party proprietary rights; and
- Stickyworld’s status and that of any identified Contributors including other Guests as the authors of the materials on the Website are always be acknowledged.
- Stickyworld relies on other service providers (such as network providers, data centres and telecommunication providers) to make the Services and the Website available to you. Whilst Stickyworld takes all reasonable steps available to it to provide you with a good level of service, Stickyworld does not guarantee that the Services provided by it shall be fault free or uninterrupted at all times. Stickyworld therefore shall not be liable in any way for any losses you may suffer as a result of delays or failures of the Services and the Website as a result of Stickyworld’s service providers.
- Pursuant to clause 6.6, Stickyworld does not have any control in respect of the Content and therefore, does not monitor or moderate the Content for the purposes of determining whether such Content may give rise to any liability either to you or to any third party. Consequently, the Services, the Website and the Content are provided to you “as is”. You agree that any use made by you of such Content shall be strictly at your own risk.
- Stickyworld does not in any way participate in nor shall it be liable for any communication, transaction, meet-ups, set-ups or any relationship between you and other Guests. Stickyworld therefore recommends that you take all safety precautions when contacting, socialising, and engaging in any business transactions or business or social gatherings and meetings with other Guests.
- Stickyworld may display links to third party websites and third party advertising banners on the Website. However, Stickyworld shall not be responsible and do not accept any liability for such content and your use of such third party links and advertising banners.
- To the extent permitted by law, Stickyworld expressly excludes:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms whether expressed or which might otherwise be implied by statute or common law;
- any liability for indirect or consequential loss which are losses incurred as a side effect of the main loss or damage;
(c) loss of profit;
(d) loss of income or revenue;
(e) loss of business or contracts;
(f) loss of data;
(g) loss of good will and reputation;
(h) loss of expectation;
- loss of opportunity;
(j) loss arising out of or in connection with wasted management or office time; or
for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
- Nothing in these Terms shall serve to limit or exclude your and Stickyworld’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from your or Stickyworld’s negligence or any liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Subject to clause 8.7, Stickyworld’s maximum aggregate liability to you under, arising from or in connection with these Terms, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall not exceed a total of £60 per year.
- In the event you have a claim or right of action against any other Guests (whether such Guests are Contributors or Visitors) or third parties in respect of the Services and/or the Website, you agree to pursue such claim or action independently of and without any demands from Stickyworld, and you fully and completely release Stickyworld from all claim, liability and damages arising from or in any way connected with such claim or action.
- Stickyworld hopes that you never need or want to make a complaint whilst using the Services or the Website however, in the event, that you wish to complain about another Guest breaching any of these Terms please complain to the relevant Account Holder.
- In the event that you wish to complain about a feature or functionality of the Website you may do so by putting your complaint in writing and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Stickyworld shall use its reasonable endeavours to respond to any complaints about the Website and/or Service within a reasonable time and to take reasonable action which it deems appropriate to resolve to rectify the subject matter of such complaint.
- If Stickyworld fails at any time to insist upon strict performance of its obligations under these Terms, or if it fails to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which it is entitled to under these Terms, this will not constitute a waiver of any such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from complying with such obligations.
- A waiver by Stickyworld of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- No waiver by Stickyworld of any of these Terms shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
- All notification and communication to Stickyworld should be sent to the contact details made available to you on the Website.
- If any of these Terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent, be severed from the remaining terms, the remaining conditions and provisions shall continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and Stickyworld in respect of your use of the Website and shall supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
- You acknowledge that in entering into these Terms, you have not relied on any representations, undertaking or promise given by or implied from anything said or written whether on the Website, the Internet or in negotiation between us except as expressly set out in these Terms.
- Stickyworld reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time. Any changes Stickyworld may make to this document in the future will be notified and made available to you using the Website.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising out of these Terms.